Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How are your submissions going?

Okay everyone, we are already half way through the month of June and worse news, we're halfway through  2011! I can't believe it! Time is flying by and summer fun will be keeping us outdoors and away from our keyboards. I'm sending out a pep talk to everyone to keep on writing and submitting! Submit, Submit, Submit! Let's Get Published!
  On Monday, I submitted a short story to the Senior Executive Editor of Red Room who has sent it out for consideration. As soon as I hear ..., whether good or bad, I'll let you all know. But I do want to say, whatever happens it felt AWESOME to send it out!  Now it's back to the EDITING process for my novel. It was good to take a break from the novel editing process to work on the short story. I needed a short break. I feel that my mind is in a better place now. I'm looking at the work with a fresh eye. Yesterday and today the corrections seemed to jump off the page. I highly recommend taking a break if you find yourself nodding off during revisions. (Not that I'm saying I did ....smiling....)
If you haven't been there before, check out www.redroom.com   Another great website for writers!
Keep Writing!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment