Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Something Wonderful Will Happen!

 I am a proud member of the Florida Writers Association. FWA

Each year the organization offers two writing contests. The Royal Palm Literary Awards (RPLA) is a prestigious writing competition for adults members and provides written assessments to all entrants. I entered the 2021 contest. The contestants won't know the results for a while yet.

The other contest is Florida Writers Association Collection. For the 2021 contest adult and youth entrants wrote to the theme Footprints. The winning submissions are published in an anthology. I entered this contest too and my entry, One legged Seagull-My Story, is a winner! My entry will appear  in the book! Here is a sneak peak at the cover. The release date is in October 2021. 

To add to that bit of wonderful news, I was then asked to be a judge for the 2021 RPLA contest. I began judging after completing the application process.

I'm enjoying the process very much. I won't be judging the category I am entered in.


So you never know what opportunities will come to you from submitting. So finish up those stories and take the leap.

Keep Writing, Keep Submitting, and Keep Smiling!


2 comments:

  1. This is terrific news! Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM, Thank your for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. I hope all is well with you. Cheers!

      Delete