Monday, January 31, 2011

Actually accomplished some editing tonight!

Hello to all of my Creative Friends!
 I'm happy to say that this evening I DID get some good editing time in. I worked this evening on my Young Adult story.  This is a story about a 16 yr. old girl who has had her drivers license for a month. While running a quick errand to the neighborhood store for her folks, she runs into the older brother of one of her best friends. He asks her to give him a ride and although he makes her nervous, she ends up giving him a ride because she doesn't know how she would explain to her girlfriend that she left her brother stranded at the store. Doing him a favor turns out to be a big mistake and she finds herself involved in a dangerous and life threatening situation.
I entered the Title and first 250 words of this novel in the Young Adult Novel Discovery contest. I'm hoping I'll place in the top five. (Winners will be announced during the first week of February.) If I do "place" I'll need to have this story in good shape. I wrote this story during the November Write A 50,000 word Novel in 30 days challenge, (NANOWRIMO).
Two writers sites to check out are www.lettersandlight.org
Another is Gotham Writer's Workshop. Google that and you'll find a school in New York which offers writing classes. They've got a great newsletter filled with great information as well as contest information I've read positive things about the school on the net but have not yet experienced their classes for myself so as in everything in life, check it out carefully yourself.
Keep Writing and Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment