Saturday, January 22, 2011

Here We Go! Introducing Me!

Hello Everyone! My User name is FloridaBird. I got that because I've self-published  MEET SANDY GULL. This is a children's rhyming picture book. It is the first in a four book series. Each book is about friendship and a current problem or issue children will face at some point that tests friendships.  Each of the books features Mickey, a little boy and Sandy Gull. Sandy Gull is a Florida Bird  Each book introduces another character who will also be a Florida Bird. The lesson in this first book is Not Stealing.  The second book, (the manuscript is complete), is about Bullying. You can find MEET SANDY GULL on Amazon.com or on Trafford.com's bookstore.
 I enjoy writing Romance novels and am currently editing a novel I wrote during the 2008 NANOWRIMO Challenge. That is the National Write a Novel in a Month challenge that happens every November. It's quite a thrill to write 50,000 words in 30 days! I am going to SUBMIT this book hoping for Traditional Publishing. I am excited and feel very good about this manuscript.
I am also doing edits on a YA  manuscript I wrote during the 2010
NANOWRIMO Challenge. I also entered the first 250 words in a writing contest. I would be so thrilled if I "place" in the contest.
In the past I have done some Freelance writing for local newspapers on assignment and published a romance story in a magazine. So that is a bit about me and what I am doing right now with my writing! I would love to hear from others who are going to "Submit" their writing in 2011. I'd like to know how you are feeling, what your experiences are and it would be great to "follow" other writers on their journey toward Becoming a Published Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment